Use timetotrade to send orders to your broker, or notify you by Email or SMS when price, trendline, technical analysis, volume or candle stick chart conditions are met. Trade off the chart, backtest, simulate and optimise your trading strategies, all without writing a single line of computer code. Set up your broker account today.
Draw Trend Lines
To draw diagonal trendlines on timetotrade's FREE STOCK and FOREX CHARTS >>, click the "draw trendline" button. This button is found to the top right hand side of the chart, as illustrated in the following screen shot:
Position your mouse cursor on the chart where you would like the trendline to begin and left click your mouse button. Holding down the button, manoeuvre the line until you are happy with the alignment and then let go of the button.
Each trend line has two circular spots - these are the "drag points":
Click and drag on either of the drag points to change the gradient of the trendline:
To move the trendline without changing its gradient, click at any point on the trendline between the two "drag points":
keeping your mouse button held down, move the trendline to where you want it to go and then release the mouse.
To draw parallel trendlines, select the trendline you wish to duplicate by clicking on the trendline. A border is created around the line to indicate that it has been selected. To create a parallel copy of the selected line there are two choices:
- right click and select 'Create Parallel'
- click on the 'Create a Parallel Line' button
A copy of the trendline will appear on the chart in selected mode so that it can be quickly repositioned as illustrated:
To move the trendline without changing its gradient, click at any point on the trendline between the two "drag points" as illustrated above.
You can delete individual drawings or all drawings on the chart. To delete an individual drawing, start by selecting the line you wish to delete by clicking on it. The line will have a dark grey border added to show that the line has been selected.
You can now either click the "delete the selected drawing" button as illustrated in the following screen shot:
or click your right mouse button, and select "delete line" from the menu that appears on the chart, as illustrated below:
To delete ALL the drawings on a chart, right click on the chart. Select "Delete all drawn objects" from the menu as illustrated:
Change Line Colour
The colour of a the lines can be changed to make it easier for example to identify support and resistance lines. To change the line colour, select the line by clicking it, then select a line colour as illustrated:
If you would like to save chart drawings, such as levels, trend lines and Fibonacci tools, for the next time you log into timetotrade, click on the 'save drawings' icon as illustrated:
Trend Line Alerts
To learn how to create alerts that will notify you when the Open, High, Low or Close price tests a trend line, click here.
Open a FREE timetotrade account today to:
- Set up Email and SMS alerts that will notify you when your Price, Candle Stick Patterns, Trend Line, Volume and Technical Analysis chart conditions are met - learn more
- Access charts with free real time price data for Forex and a selection of Stock Exchanges - learn more
- Display over 100+ Technical Indicators - learn more
- Back Test Trading Strategies - learn more
- Create Simulated Trading Accounts to test your Alert Based Trading Strategies - learn more
- Execute your Alert Based Trading Strategies - learn more - help video
- Trade Off The Chart - learn more
- Manage your Investment Club and generate UK HMRC Investment Club Tax Return Form 185 - learn more
- Manage your Portfolio and calculate UK HMRC Capital Gains liabilities and SA 108 CGT Return - learn more
- Create Trading Competitions for you and your friends - learn more
- Execute Forex Trades with spreads as tight as 0.1 pip - learn more
Disclaimer: The information and data provided is for educational and informational purposes only. Interpretation and use of the information and data provided is at the user's own risk. All information and data on this website is obtained from sources believed to be accurate and reliable. However, errors or omissions are possible due to human and/or mechanical error. All information and data is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. We make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the information and data on this site and we reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without any obligation, to change, make improvements to, or correct any errors or omissions in any portion of the services at any times. Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. Trading carries a high level of risk to your capital and can result in losses that exceed your deposits. It may not be suitable for everyone so please ensure you fully understand the risks involved.